Friday, March 29, 2013

Easy Scallop Quilt Ruler

So I had the opportunity to try a new scallop ruler on one of my quilts- The Easy Scallop Quilt Ruler by Darlene Zimmerman. Man! This thing is amazing! It made scallop borders a breeze! 



Click Here for more details & pics!

Two different sizes are included in the packet

Just open up the ruler to the size you want, insert the tab, and trace the top of the curve on the fabric with a water soluble fabric pen.

I used the large ruler at about 11.5" for this quilt...

Is was easy to measure out the scallops , trace them & cut them. I must admit that this was my first scalloped border so I was terrified at cutting it up....but as with all sewing projects- you have to make that first cut in order to achieve something beautiful! It wasn't very hard to bind the scallops as I had initially thought either. Look how nicely it turned out.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to every single comment. If you don't get a response from me...you are a no-reply blogger. Check your blogger settings to show your email so you can get replies & notification of giveaway winnings! Leave your email if you're unsure!