Monday, March 18, 2013

My Newest Quilt Books

Hello fellow quilters or quilters in training! Happy Monday to you all!


Ok, I've been a total sucker for quilt books lately. I usually get all my patterns from Moda Bakeshop. They're cute, use the latest collections, most of the time are original, and most of all- FREE!  I've made many quilts from that site and will continue to do so as well. BUT I wanna talk about my new quilt BOOKS.



First up- The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird. This book has 111 letters and 6"x6" blocks dating from the 1920's. The finished quilt has four size options sizing up to 103"x103" King size. I can't wait to start this project but I know that once I start it, I won't be able to stop and/or work on anything else. So I see the good and bad in starting this one. Take a look at this Flickr Group to see some blocks
.
Click Here to see more books!


Next up- Material Obsession 2 by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke. This is the book I used for the "Stashbuster" quilt I'm working on. I origianlly saw this quilt and  kit at my local quilt shop Starry Night Hollow. I posted about that quilt HERE. This book is awesome! I love all the prints and bright colors! It is FULL of fabulous patterns! Highly Recommended!!!




Now- Quilts from The House of Tula Pink by Tula Pink. I love this book as well. She writes clear instructions for all her patterns. I can't wait to start the "Cloudy Days" pattern :)

Last of all- Scrap Republic by Emily Cier of Carolina Patchworks. This is the latest book added to my collection and I have to say I LOVE this book! It is FULL of GREAT, well, Scrap patterns! I love her rainbow effects on each quilt. She is SO talented. She is also the genius mind behind the Video Game Quilt patterns. I actually bought "The Hero and The Brother" and made The Legend of Zelda quilt. I'll post more on that quilt soon.


Hope this inspires you to grab a great book to start a great project!

Happy Quilting!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to every single comment. If you don't get a response from me...you are a no-reply blogger. Check your blogger settings to show your email so you can get replies & notification of giveaway winnings! Leave your email if you're unsure!