Friday, March 15, 2013

My Newest Notions...

Hello again!
wanted to show you some other Notions besides the basics. Actually the Clover Wonder Clips mentioned in my previous post would fall in this category.


First up is the Dritz Spray Adhesive. This stuff works great for any "quilt-as-you-go" projects or setting your batting before basting it.. If you click on that word there is a wonderful explanation of what this means.

Click Here for more cool notions!



Next on the agenda is this teeny tiny little ruler my Mom gave me. This ruler (obviously from Fat Quarters Quilt Shop) has a tiny hole by the 1/4" mark as marked in the picture. You bring your sewing machine needle down into the hole (shown by arrow) and on the ruler side you can mark, on your machine, where your 1/4" is or whatever line you need up to 2". You then can place a piece of painters tape from that line to the edge of your machine or a clear tape with a line marked in pen. The website marked side of it gives you your "Scant" 1/4" line. A Scant 1/4" is pretty much an "almost" 1/4". I think it's like 1/32 difference or something. This measurement is used on lots of Civil War Style Quilt Patterns. You can do any quilt asking for a Scant 1/4" with a regular 1/4" seam as long as everything is measured the same way, you should be fine. The quilt may be off by a minute (as in teeny tiny) amount from the pattern.


Next up is the Quilter's FabriCalc. I haven't really had a chance to start using this but I would love sit down and learn all of it's amazing functions! There was even a little DVD included to show me how to use it. I just need to sit down and DO IT!

I mentioned these little darlings in my previous post as well. I love how vibrant some of the colors are! I recently bought all but the orange and black. My orange is pretty used up from a quilt I'm working on. Here is a little snapshot...Yes i know that my lines are crooked, I was too lazy to mark the lines on with a chalk runner (plus I don't have one)...Oh well! I'll post more about this project soon.



Technically this is not a Notion but I wanted to mention it anyway. I have a separate trash can for sewing. You'd be surprised at how much thread, selvages, and unusable (seriously) pieces you will be tossing out. This is from just ONE day of sewing.

Until next time...
Happy Quilting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to every single comment. If you don't get a response from me...you are a no-reply blogger. Check your blogger settings to show your email so you can get replies & notification of giveaway winnings! Leave your email if you're unsure!