Saturday, January 17, 2015

Around the World Blog Hop



I've been tagged by Katie from Karma Willow Designs for the hop. I'm actually a little late in posting! We've all been pretty sick around here! Well, let me introduce myself in case you're new here!


My name is Stephanie. I live in North San Diego and love it! We're die hard SoCal people around here and love where we live. My husband and I are natives to our area. We've never considered moving out of the area but things are about to change for our little family of 4...big time! My husband has decided to enlist into the Army! So, now I'll be an Army wife and be bouncing around all over the place. We're pretty excited and nervous all at the same time. He'll be leaving us next month for Basic Training and then his Job school shortly after. We'll be separated for about 8 months but we'll get through it. So if any of your have any advice for me, please by all means...share!



My sewing adventures began when I was in high school 10 years ago. I was challenged to work on a project of some sort by my Mom. She didn't want us to waste our summer sleeping in an watching TV all day. So I chose to make a quilt. She took me to some LQS in the area of Las Vegas, where we lived at the time, and I picked out all the prints I wanted. I chose to do a simple strip piece quilt. Of course, I didn't know what I was doing and she helped me tremendously. It was a lot of fun and it took me about 8 years for the quilt to actually get quilted by a long armer. A little FF (fun fact) about me...I don't quilt. Don't let the blog name fool you. I can sew just about anything but ask me to quilt something....I'm lost. I blame the impatient bone in my body. I've tried and tried to like it but it's just not happening. I don't care to learn and when I'm done with a quilt top...I'm done. Off to the long armer it goes. I have no desire to quilt anything and strain my back. I already suffer from back problems enough. 



Enough complaining. I've been sucked into the world of Instagram and have really been lagging on my blogging here. I'm sorry but IG is just so convenient and quick. I've been posting most of my work on there. Lately, I've been selling wallets through IG. I've been wanted to put some up in my Etsy shop but I've had very little time to make extra. I'm been slammed with preorders left and right. 


So things are getting pretty fun here with my daughter becoming older. She's 2 1/2 now so playtime is really fun. She's been sucked into the world of Disney's Frozen just like all the other little girls in world. With this obsession, an Anna costume was in order. What better way to play as Anna than with an Anna cape? So I set off on making one for her just in time for her little friend's birthday party. It came out so wonderful and she loves wearing it now. See the previous post for more pics.


I have a few other projects recently completed but you'll have to check back in to see them or follow me on Instagram. Thanks for checking out my blog!

I'm tagging Kate of Quarter Mile Quilts. Check her out Monday!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with your wallets - they are adorable!!

    My husband is in the Air Force so I can connect with you there. Military life is wonderful and difficult all at the same time. Separation for your husband is hard...for everyone. BUT the military community is like a huge family. I'm constantly amazed by the support I get as a spouse, both from the other people in his squadron and the other spouses. I hope you find a great military community to get connected to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is in the Navy so I can totally relate! We just got our next set of orders and we will be moving to SoCal this summer. I've never been to Cali so it will be an adventure for me. My daughter will be 1 around the time we move, but as Quiltineering says, military spouses and groups are amazing! Lots of play groups and like minded people to help during separations. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up as a foreign service brat... but that was before the internet and Skype etc. So much more isolated than now! Good luck on the new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hubs is retired Navy and my ex was Army. The thing they both appreciated the most was mail. Write him, send cards and packages. Not that emails aren't nice, but having it in your bunk gives them something tangible, knowing you had it in your hands makes them feel closer to home. Set goals for yourself while he is gone and be prepared for you both to change. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your fabric flower wreath under tutorials doesn't seem to link to any instructions.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to every single comment. If you don't get a response from me...you are a no-reply blogger. Check your blogger settings to show your email so you can get replies & notification of giveaway winnings! Leave your email if you're unsure!