Thursday, July 11, 2013

Clashy & Bright Mosaics

Yesterday, Rachel from "Stitched in Color" announced a fun mosaic contest called "Clashy & Bright". I was so excited because I'm all about Clashy & bright! If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that my fabric selections are often very random and don't make much sense sometimes. This was a perfect little opportunity for me to pick some fun prints and throw them all together. I used ONE print for each mosaic as my focal print. I think it's kinda obvious which print in each because it's pretty random (hint: AMH). I selected some geometrics, florals, & texts and this is what I came up with.  Thoughts?

Entry #1

Entry #2

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I own that orange dot (in blue) so I love that one for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a look at some of the other entries, yours are some of the clashiest! I'm encouraged that this can be a whole genre of quilts. I'm making a baby quilt that is a bit brighter and clashier than I thought it would be- I was going to calm it down with white sashing - but maybe I'll just go for the clash! Good luck with the competition!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to every single comment. If you don't get a response from me...you are a no-reply blogger. Check your blogger settings to show your email so you can get replies & notification of giveaway winnings! Leave your email if you're unsure!