Sunday, February 9, 2014

Quick Finish, Quick Satisfaction

For some reason I felt the need for a quick finish. Must be these pregnancy hormones or something! As if the Tula Pink City Sampler didn't wear me out enough...seriously. Well, I had this cute little Moda Mini Charm Pack sitting on my shelf taunting me, begging me to be made into something. What the heck am I supposed do with 1 of these? They're cute but seriously it's hardly any material. I think I got it free with something I ordered a while ago or something.

Moda Baby Jane Mini Charm Pack


I had no idea what to make with a mini so I figured a zippered pouch was a good call. We can never have enough of these! They're always getting used in some way or another. I didn't really have a plan so I just started to sewing the little squares together. I figured out the placement I liked and adjusted some of the directional prints for a pouch. Duplicates were used in the middle 2 rows since that would be the bottom. I decided to hand quilt it but couldn't decide which color to use because they were all great! With some help of Instagram friends Yellow was the winner!


I decided to finished off the pouch in the style of this tutorial from Quarter Inch Mark. I love the way the binding looks on it. With the hand quilting done and the binding picked out....here is the finished product. Love the way it turned out! Perfect for on-the-go projects! And it cleared off an almost tiny nothing on my shelf....haha....so not much progress in that department.

This little cutie used 1 whole mini charm pack. 40 squares for the pouch and 2 for the zipper tabs. Perfect!










39 comments:

  1. I have one mini charm pack which I had no idea what to do with. You have inspired me to try this. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and a great idea for using up that mini pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a free baby Jane charm pack too with so etching I ordered and I have turned them into hexies. Need to figure out something to do with them. This pouch is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling pouch! I love the Baby Jane fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a patch of hexies (1/2") stitched together. I plan to use your idea and make a pouch! Thanks for your cute example!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, also, have one lonely mini charm pack floating around. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute way to use those little mini charm packs. I never know what to do with them. Thanks for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I could use that pouch right now? I just had to empty one the resuse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! I have a few of these mini charm packs as they are too cute to leave behind. They also make great place mat and coaster sets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and useful! I had that pack (I think it was a Westwood Acres Fabric freebie for me?) and sashed it in white to make a doll quilt. You're right that is doesn't go far, but at least it's one more finish, right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Beautiful way to use up a little stack of minis. Well done!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean about needing a quick finish! I love something I can get started and completed in an afternoon. Your zippy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's just gorgeous! I have several mini charm packs that I have no idea what to do with, but you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I love the added touch of the hand quilting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of a mini! Such fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to laugh at the comment about pregnancy hormones. I can relate! I have been doing a lot of quick projects too....now I understand why ;) I am due in a week!

    Great idea to use up a mini charm pack..I actually did something similar;) hehehe Adorable pouch with the addition of the hand stitches in yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable and I think I'll have to make one using my stash. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great use of a mini charm pack. I have a few myself that I need to use too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, a nice little charm pack project was just what the doctor ordered. What a fun pouch! Love the hand quilting. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely project and the beautiful hand quilting makes it all the more special. Love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable! Great use of those cute squares!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I now know what do with a candy pack that I won as a door prize. Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute pouch! Love the hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet Little finish - so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this little pouch. I love the shape - was it difficult to put together?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Making zippy pouches is the best! I like the red "binding" as it meets the zipper. It gives a really nice pop.

    ReplyDelete
  27. okay, that is really very cute! I love the binding on it too!

    Stopping by from Lee's hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/02/wip-wednesday-feb-12th.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea to use up those mini charms! Love the hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful colours and amazing hand quilting, the binding is a bit too cute as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super cute! I have a couple of charm packs sitting around too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Totally cute and charming! Great way to use the charm minis, too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great idea for the mini charm pack! Very charming! Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the fabric bag using those mini charm packs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love Baby Jane! Your pouch turned out so cute! :) I am also a fan of those quick finishes!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is too cute, Stephanie, and a great use of that mini charm pack! love these fabrics!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's so pretty I just love those colours!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to every single comment. If you don't get a response from me...you are a no-reply blogger. Check your blogger settings to show your email so you can get replies & notification of giveaway winnings! Leave your email if you're unsure!